Georgia Whistleblower Lawyers
Known as “whistleblower” laws, there are a number of federal and state laws that may protect you if you are a government employee blowing the whistle on wrongdoing. For example, if your employer does business with the federal government and they are cheating the government by overbilling for goods and services or providing inferior quality products below specified standards, you could recover damages for reporting the violation.
Why you should blow the whistle:
- The False Claims Act saves lives by:
- Protecting Consumers by discouraging companies from selling defective and poor quality products that could cause harm;
- Protecting patients by discouraging companies from conducting medical fraud by selling defective medical products and preventing hospitals from performing unnecessary procedures;
- Protecting Soldiers by discouraging government contractors from selling faulty bulletproof vests and weaponry;
- Protecting the Environment by discouraging oil, timber, and mining companies from extracting resources from public lands unlawfully.
Protecting Your Rights
As your whistleblower lawyer we will ensure that your privacy is protected. You do not need to disclose your identity in reporting fraud and everything you communicate to us is protected by attorney-client privilege. Additionally, the law protects you from harassment, demotion, retaliation, and wrongful termination for reporting fraud.
The False Claims Act, also known as the Qui Tam law states that if you report a violation to the government and the government takes the case, you are eligible to receive a portion (usually about 15 to 25 percent) of any recovered damages. Some successful plaintiffs have recovered millions of dollars in False Claims cases. It is important to be the first source of information of the fraud because generally that is only the person who is entitled to a financial award. Thus, in order to protect your rights you should immediately contact the Georgia whistleblower lawyers of Williams Oinonen LLC.
The Georgia whistleblower lawyers of Williams Oinonen LLC are committed to protect your rights and receive your portion of protected damages. Contact us today at (404) 654-0288 to speak with an attorney about your situation.